Monday, May 4, 2015

Hair care routine

Hey Everybody! 
Today I am sharing my hair care routine and how I keep my hair nice and healthy, idk how to advertise my hair to be honest. In comparison to other people who have uber long healthy hair, I am stuck at the awkward length as my hair however this is not gonna stop me from blogging about my current hair care routine and what keeps my hair from forming split ends and causing loss of hair length. 

A little background on my hair, I used to have really puffy hair back in Y7, like it was absolutely crazy, so that following year was the very first time I permanently straighten my hair. This lasted about a year and I had to straighten my hair again, and since 2012 I have not chemically straightened my hair. Since I wanted bangs in Y8, I actually decided to slowly cut my bangs, and it started to become frizzy and curly, so I would suggest any younger people reading this that ITS A REALLY BAD MISTAKE, and I totally regret it, but I mean I learnt from my mistakes.
The shampoo and conditioner that I use is both from pantene, this is from their straight & smooth range of hair products. I have tried out many other companies for example; dove, herbal essences, tresemme, etc. however I have always come back to using this particular shampoo and conditioner. I think this does a really good job to keep my hair frizz free and preventing split ends. 
The only hairbrush that I use is from tangle teezer, since I lost my "wetbrush" couple months back due to the amazing canoe polo swimming unit at school, I have been using this to prevent damage in my hair in the morning from all of the knots created overnight.  
Oiling your hair is an important step in my hair care routine as I think it gives a little boost to jumpstart the overall moisture in your hair. I don't recommend you to apply this when you finished washing your hair because this slows down the drying process, and this also increases the rate of your hair getting oily again. I like to apply this at the ends of my hair, because that is where it feels most dry. I also apply this to my bangs/front pieces of my hair, because without enough moisture in my hair these parts can become very frizzy and prone to breakage.
I wash my hair every other day in the past I washed my hair every single day and since december 2014 I am slowly extending the amount of days not washing my hair. I think since then, I do see a difference in the appearance of my hair, as well as the overall texture as it is much more softer and less frizzy.  

Instagram | Bloglovin |
Thank you for reading! 
kaseyx.

9 comments:

  1. I love my Tangle Teezer, too, it is great at preventing breakage. Did you prefer the Wet Brush of this one?

    LindaLibraLoca: Beauty, Baby and Backpacking

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I actually prefer using the wet brush, because its perfect for creating the perfect ponytail (smoothing bumps). But I have grown to love my Tangle Teezer.

      Delete
  2. I also swear by my Tangle Teezer - it has really stopped me tugging at my hair and the process is so, so much quicker now (which is great as I have very long hair haha!). Thanks for connecting with me on Bloglovin' by the way :)


    Gabrielle | A Glass Of Ice

    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by! I think the tangle teezer has prevented my hair from falling out because it is really gentle to the scalp and does not pull the hair out of the cuticle.

      Delete
  3. Cool blog and loved the article I have the same dry shampoo and I think it is pretty great. We are also bloggers we should talk more check us out www.nakedlydressed.blogspot.ch

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. We're loving the same products (; I'm using the tangle teezer for a while now, it's the best brush for wet hair. Btw I love HK, it's a great place to live. I visited this city after I studied in China and I absolutely loved it! (:
    Nati xx
    www.simplyartdicted.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I m from HK too! HAHAHA :D
    BTW Thanks for following me on bloglovin.
    This is my first time to visit your blog, and I like it a lot :)


    alheaology.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I am currently really enjoying your illustrations they look really amazing!

      Delete

Thank you for your comment, I read each and every one!
For business inquiries please email: kaseylawkun@gmail.com

);